11 Steps for Creating BOLD Goals for 2014
Do you own a business? Are you stuck? Are you in a network marketing business and tired of bugging your family and second cousins? No matter what your biz is, here are 11 Steps for Creating BOLD Goals for 2014.
First, what does success (in business) mean to you? Becoming debt-free? Making six figures? Taking a one-week beach vacation by the end of the year?
Second, are you passionate about your business? Do you love and use the products you share with others? Have you spent time helping someone learn how to use them, or know how to find answers?
If you’re only in it for the money, you won’t be happy. And you won’t make much money.
If you’ve found yourself with a company you aren’t really passionate about, I encourage you to make a change. Don’t continue to invest time, emotional energy and money into it. You’re cheating yourself, and you aren’t being truly honest when you share about it with disingenuous enthusiasm. That’s the worst!
What I’ve loved about the company I work with, is that I am increasingly fascinated with the products and quality, and I actually want to spend hundreds of dollars every month on products. If you know me at all, you know I don’t want to spend hundreds on ANYTHING. I’m a frugal person. So yes, I love these products.
You MUST love what you are sharing about. That’s number one.
Third, I believe in the power of prayer and ask God each morning to give me wisdom in my business. He will lead you. He wants to see us succeed. So I try to remember to always give him the reins, and let him lead me. I’m not smarter than the millions of other business owners out there, so I desperately need his wisdom to manage my business well. (He blesses big-time by the way!)
God will lead you. He wants to see us succeed.
Okay, here are your steps to create some outrageously high goals for your business! (This entire post/list was inspired by Eric Worre, of Network Marketing Pro.)
1. Write down each goal for 2014. Choose 2-3 goals. Writing them down is a form of commitment. If you’re crafty, write them on nice, quality paper, then frame it. Keep them on your office wall.
2. Be as detailed as possible. Create a spreadsheet if needed. Brainstorm with a friend or your “sponsor/enroller.” Break them down into mini-goals. Everyone likes a check off list!
3. Picture your goals. What would an average day look like if you reached them? Is this what you really want?
4. Double your goals.
5. Double again.
6. Yep. Now double again. Do this until you can’t imagine a higher, more outrageous goal.
7. Determine what you need to do to become the person you need to be, in order to make this happen. Do you need to wake up an hour earlier each day? Stay up later? Skip the daily specialty coffee drink? Invest in a marketing training program or mentor?
8. Start taking the steps necessary to become that person. Ask me if you want specific direction. I have excellent resources I’d be happy to point you toward.
9. Don’t let anything or anyone stop you from reaching these goals. You will have to say goodbye to Facebook games and TV shows. Sorry!
10. Personal, but I recommend praying for wisdom daily. I ask God daily to help me. “Humble yourself before the Lord, and He will lift you up.” James 4:10 (The Bible)
11. Ask for help. If you know someone who’s a step or two ahead of you, and they are making themselves accessible to you (like me), ask for help. Above any network marketing company, the greatest joy of my heart comes from helping people. Click this link to read my story, and how I left the tech start-up world to start my own business. It’s been a journey, but very fulfilling.
If you already have a business and want help moving forward on social media and online marketing, please contact me. I’d love to help you get moving NOW.
Don’t dream small. Set some outrageous goals and make them happen!
Take the first step today. “Little by little, one travels far.” J.R.R. Tolkien
If you enjoyed this article, let me know in the comments below. I’ll read each one. Thank you for reading!